Despite telling myself not to, I did. I made a reading list for this winter. I think I just want to see how spectacularly I’ll fail…the Summer list was a success, the Fall list was barely a passing grade, and so my expectations of myself for Winter are almost non-existent. But still, I felt like making a list. Here it is.
Winter of 2015 Reading List:
- Bert’s Book – Because I know him and I need to pass this on to the rest of the family. (And okay, that sounds like I’m dreading reading it, but I’m really not, because he’s a family friend and I knew him years before I even knew he had a book (he never mentions it, his wife actually told us about it), and it tells about the years he spent fishing and teaching in Alaska, before he ended up going back to school and then becoming an English professor in Arizona. And despite the fact that Moby Dick is his favorite book, Bert is one of my favorite people to talk to. And it’s not really called Bert’s Book, I just can’t remember the title.)
- Lisey’s Story – Or, you know, any King book. Because it’s almost guaranteed I’ll read one.
- Washington and Don Quixote – Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I’d say because third time’s the charm, but I know these won’t get finished. I just like to torture myself by keeping them on the list.
- Irma Voth – Because I always put my current read on the list so I’ll have one success.
- A Brief History of Time – Because I’m stupid about stuff like this.
- Across Many Mountains – Because my mom lent it to me and I don’t want it to languish on the shelf. You know how mom guilt is.
- Boys In the Boat – Because see above. Gah – I think I need to not accept any books from mom for a few months, because I can’t stand the pressure.
- On the Map – Because I love geography and I can’t believe I forgot this was on the shelf (along with 500 other books).
- Fiction! – Because this list has too many non-fiction books on it. I will read at least one novel that I already own as of 1/2/2015.
- A classic! – I’m considering The Winter of Our Discontent, just because I almost typed that instead of Winter of 2015 Reading List.
- More fiction!! – Because this list still has too many non-fiction books on it. This time let’s make it one chunky novel that I already own as of 1/2/2015.
- Another classic!! – Because there are some sitting on the shelves. Perhaps Agnes Grey? Then I could say I’ve read all of the Bronte’s (not all of their books, just each of the sisters).
I do believe I am being overly ambitious, especially since I already said I expect to fail. Oh well, if nothing else I’ve at least given myself something to blog about come Spring.